What you will learn
- Mobile application development in Android
- Developing GUI-based applications using C#
- Creating cloud-based applications with Azure
- Validating and deploying applications
- Database design and development
- System analysis and design
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Professional development
To receive this qualification you must complete all units listed.
- Program Design Concepts
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- ICTDBS504 Integrate database with a website
- ICTICT515 Verify client business requirements
- ICTWEB501 Build a dynamic website
- ICTWEB502 Create dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB503 Create web-based programs
- ICTWEB516 Research and apply emerging web technology trends
- ICTPRG527 Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills
- ICTPRG502 Manage a project using software management tools
- ICTPRG418 Apply intermediate programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG523 Apply advanced programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG529 Apply testing techniques for software development
- ICTPRG503 Debug and monitor applications
- ICTPRG520 Validate an application design against specifications
- ICTPRG504 Deploy an application to a production environment
- ICTPRG501 Apply advanced object-oriented language skills
- ICTPMG501 Manage ICT projects
- ICTPRG601 Develop advanced mobile multi-touch applications
- ICTSAD501 Model data objects
- ICTICT501 Research and review hardware technology options for organisations
- ICTNWK507 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers
- ICTNWK508 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Structured Query Language
- Systems Analysis and Design
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
Certifications included with this qualification
We recommend you complete these industry-recognised Vendor Certifications whilst studying the Double Diploma of Web Development / Software Development. They will greatly contribute to a university application as well as your long-term business success.
- Microsoft Programming in C#
- Web developer
- Web development manager
- Web programmer
- Website manager
- Web administrator
- Internet developer
- Analyst programmer support
- Assistant programming developer
- Assistant software applications programmer
- Assistant software developer
- Database support programmer
- Web support programmer
- IT support staff
Australian University pathway
ICT50115 Double Diploma of Web Development / Software Development
Join 2nd year of a Bachelor Degree at an Australian University
No entry requirements are specified in the training package, however to gain entry into this qualification the candidates must:
- Complete the Pre-Enrolment Assessment
- Have basic computer skills
- If you are not at least 18 years of age, parental consent will be required by completing an appropriate form.
Computer Power recommend the following technical specifications as minimum requirements for students to access the online content/learning resources:
- A good, reliable internet connection
- 64bit CPU Capable of virtualisation (VT-x/AMD-v) with at least 4 cores
- Minimum 8GB RAM
- 150GB free HDD space (internal or external) cloud storage is encouraged for backups but shouldn’t be included as 'Free HDD Space'
- 20GB of download allowance per month from your ISP
- 64bit operating system. Windows/Mac/Linux
- Sound capabilities (microphone/speakers)
Academic Support is offered on campus during the following hours – Mon-Thurs 7.30am – 10pm and Fri 7.30am – 6pm (AEST) and students attend campus for recommended 5 hour sessions, 4 - 5 days per week within these hours. Students are also encouraged to request support using the SMART system and academic staff are required to attend to the request within a 10 minute response time.
The Academic support is fostered using a mentoring and guiding methodology to support students throughout their learning. This ensures students are progressing, and are fully supported. The Academic staff are encouraged to form professional relationships with their assigned students to provide successful student outcomes.
Find out more about our team of Academic, Student Support and Career Development staff. They are there to help you succeed in your course.
Why should I study a Double Diploma of Web Development / Software Development?
Information Technology offers you a secure and exciting career. In Australia there are over 13,000 IT roles advertised on seek.com.au. With the increased reliance on IT by individuals and organisations, the demand for IT professionals will only grow. Studying IT will set you up for a successful future.
If you enjoy working with computers, problem-solving and want job security in an exciting and ever-changing industry, begin by studying a Double Diploma of Web Development / Software Development. Start your career in a field where you’re encouraged to learn.
The Double Diploma of Web Development / Software Development allows you to build a career in many directions, for example, starting as a Network Administrator, becoming part of an IT Support team and developing into a CIO (Chief Information Officer).
"The support at this school is something amazing and never experienced before."
*Provided you satisfy all other University entry requirements (IELTS etc).