What you will learn
- Design, installation and management of computer networks using Windows Server 2012 R2
- Installation, configuration and support of client desktops using Windows 10
- Computer hardware
- Troubleshooting network problems
- Configuring virtual networks
- Professional development
- Green IT concepts
- Mobile application development in Android
- Developing GUI-based applications using C#
- Find and implement innovation within the organisation
- Develop and review a business plan
- Database design and development
- Digital Marketing
To receive this qualification you must complete all units listed.
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- ICTICT511 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- ICTICT509 Gather data to identify business requirements
- ICTICT501 Research and review hardware technology options for organisations
- ICTICT514 Identify and manage the implementation of current industry-specific technologies
- ICTSAD501 Model data objects
- ICTPRG527 Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- ICTSAS518 Install and upgrade operating systems
- ICTWEB502 Create dynamic web pages
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- ICTTEN514 Install, configure and test a server
- ICTWEB501 Build a dynamic website
- ICTPMG501 Manage ICT projects
- ICTPRG601 Develop advanced mobile multi-touch applications
- ICTSAS513 Develop detailed test plans
- ICTWEB507 Customise a complex ICT content management system
- BSBMGT619 Identify and implement business innovation
- AHCBUS506 Develop and review a business plan
Certification included with this qualification
We recommend you complete this industry-recognised Vendor Certification whilst studying the Diploma of Information Technology (Business Innovation). It will greatly contribute to a university application as well as your long-term business success.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Choose one from: Software, Networking or Database administration fundamentals
- Network Administrator
- IT Administrator
- IT Operations Administrator
- Network Services Administrator
- Network Support Coordinator
- Network Operations Analyst
- IT Support Staff
Australian University pathway
ICT50115 Diploma of Information Technology (Business Innovation)
Join 2nd year of a Bachelor Degree at an Australian University
No entry requirements are specified in the training package, however to gain entry into this qualification the candidates must:
- Complete the Pre-Enrolment Assessment
- Have basic computer skills
- If you are not at least 18 years of age, parental consent will be required by completing an appropriate form.
Computer Power recommend the following technical specifications as minimum requirements for students to access the online content/learning resources:
- A good, reliable internet connection
- 64bit CPU Capable of virtualisation (VT-x/AMD-v) with at least 4 cores
- Minimum 8GB RAM
- 150GB free HDD space (internal or external) cloud storage is encouraged for backups but shouldn’t be included as 'Free HDD Space'
- 20GB of download allowance per month from your ISP
- 64bit operating system. Windows/Mac/Linux
- Sound capabilities (microphone/speakers)
Academic Support is offered on campus during the following hours – Mon-Thurs 7.30am – 10pm and Fri 7.30am – 6pm (AEST) and students attend campus for recommended 5 hour sessions, 4 - 5 days per week within these hours. Students are also encouraged to request support using the SMART system and academic staff are required to attend to the request within a 10 minute response time.
The Academic support is fostered using a mentoring and guiding methodology to support students throughout their learning. This ensures students are progressing, and are fully supported. The Academic staff are encouraged to form professional relationships with their assigned students to provide successful student outcomes.
Find out more about our team of Academic, Student Support and Career Development staff. They are there to help you succeed in your course.
Why should I study a Diploma of Information Technology (Business Innovation)?
Information Technology offers you a secure and exciting career. In Australia there are over 13,000 IT roles advertised on seek.com.au. With the increased reliance on IT by individuals and organisations, the demand for IT professionals will only grow. Studying IT will set you up for a successful future.
If you enjoy working with computers, problem-solving and want job security in an exciting and ever-changing industry, begin by studying a Diploma of Information Technology (Business Innovation). Start your career in a field where you’re encouraged to learn.
The Diploma of Information Technology (Business Innovation) allows you to build a career in many directions, for example, starting as a Network Administrator, becoming part of an IT Support team and developing into a CIO (Chief Information Officer).
"The support at this school is something amazing and never experienced before."
*Provided you satisfy all other University entry requirements (IELTS etc).